Saturday, May 17, 2008

Not like me

Now that I have my little technical difficulty worked out (some Bible site kept coming up. How weird is that?), I just want to say that it is not like me to be up at 11:11 p.m., puzzling over a craft ornament while my husband watches the questionable entertainment available on TV at that time of night.

I have my first assignment from an editor, and I'm very excited about it, but I must say I'm finding it more difficult than working out my own ideas. When the idea comes from within me, I know the seed of the idea and the circumstances that brought it into being. The idea germinates and sprouts organically.

Right now I am brainstorming, trying to feel my way into a central concept, something to pull the article together. I have no doubt that I'll get it, it's just harder than I expected. Which, of course, is why I'm sitting up at 11:00 at night trying to figure out how to make a 3-D diamond-shaped Christmas ornament pattern.

I think I need to call it quits and go to bed. I'm a morning person. I've been up since 5:56 a.m.

No comments: